Monday, April 5, 2010

Garter Stitch Ravenclaw Scarf

I created this blog a long time ago and honestly just haven't been able to find the time or the motivation to get it started. Thinking of something to put into your first post on a blog turns out to be nearly impossible. Since I've come to school I've started knitting obsessively to keep my stress levels down, and I've even started a knitting club. Though no one has actually made anything substantial yet I thought this would be a nice place to document it when they do. And a place to brag about all of my gimpily finished projects.


I don't want to run out of things to post about too quickly, so I'm going to start off with a scarf that I finished this winter. I worked on this scarf on and off for about a year before I finally finished it. I started it with Ravenclaw's house colors in mind, thinking that it would be neat to have my very own Ravenclaw scarf. By the time I finished it I was a freshmen in college and the colors on the scarf turned out to be my actual school colors as well. I wasn't a very strong knitter when I started off, and I think the stripe sizes might have changed a few times along the way, but By the time I finished I was a master of the garter stitch had learned to change colors to make stripes, and had even learned to make my own tassles!


No comments:

Post a Comment